Thursday, February 24, 2011

I picked up this song





to be a background for this kind of feeling:

"When we are being compassionate, we consider another's circumstance with love rather than judgement... To be compassionate is to move into the right here, right now with an open heart consciousness and a willingness to be supportive."
— Jill Bolte Taylor* (My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey)


*Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor is a Harvard-trained brain scientist who suffered a stroke in 1996 -at the age of 37- in the left hemisphere of her brain. She spoke of her experience at the 2008 TED Conference and wrote a book titled "My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey".

In this conference, she says: "But on the morning of December 10 1996 … I watched my brain completely deteriorate in its ability to process all information. On the morning of the haemorrhage I could not walk, talk, read, write or recall any of my life. I essentially became an infant in a woman’s body.
...
We are energy beings connected to one another through the consciousness of our right hemispheres as one human family. And right here, right now, all we are brothers and sisters on this planet, here to make the world a better place. And in this moment we are perfect. We are whole. And we are beautiful.
...
But perhaps most important, it’s that little voice that says to me, “I am. I am.” And as soon as my left hemisphere says to me “I am,” I become separate. I become a single solid individual separate from the energy flow around me and separate from you.
...
And this was the portion of my brain that I lost on the morning of my stroke.
...
…And I’m asking myself, “What is wrong with me, what is going on?” And in that moment, my brain chatter, my left hemisphere brain chatter went totally silent.
...
And at first I was shocked to find myself inside of a silent mind. But then I was immediately captivated by the magnificence of energy around me. And because I could no longer identify the boundaries of my body, I felt enormous and expansive. I felt at one with all the energy that was, and it was beautiful there."

full text:
http://www.zenmoments.org/stroke-of-insight/

No comments: